Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My mowing and gardening hat...

Well... I wanted a floppy hat to cover my big ol' head and keep the sun off my face and chest while mowing the grass and gardening this summer. But an old lady I ain't... so no straw hats for me! I saw the Amy Butler Blue Sky sun hat and just HAD to try to make it. My first attempt wasn't so bad... it's at least wearable. I'm going to make another one in a different fabric and use canvas for interfacing like I was *supposed* to. So at least I have a temporary hat for now! I also need to modify the sizing a bit, and then I'll have the perfect hat. Here's my temporary "it will do for now" hat... :)






1 comment:

Valley Momma said...

despite what my sister says (on my myspace) - this hat is not crazy. it will keep me from getting sun burnt!!