Thursday, February 28, 2008

What kind of vacuum do you have?


That is the question my son would ask you, a total stranger, upon first meeting you.

My son... is... OBSESSED with... VACUUMS. He has been this way for MONTHS. He's just 3, but can tell you in a nano-second what brand a vacuum is upon seeing it for the first time. He's excited to get the ad papers on Sundays so he can look for the vacuum sales and name them off... Dirt Devil, Bissel, Hoover, Dyson... he knows 'em all. His favorite toys? His toy vacuums of course! He can tell you what type of vacuum cleaner every member of our family and extended family have. It's crazy!


So, ladies and gentlemen... I give you the vacuum shirt I made for my son... seeing as how this is the blog for my shop - I should at least mention sewing somewhere in this post! :)

People... I'm living, breathing, eating and sleeping vacuums in this house. I can't even begin to imagine what my daughter will become obsessed with when she is 3... toasters?

Please leave a comment and let me know what kind of vacuum do you have?? My son will want to know. :)

FYI - we have a dirt devil hand vac, a broken Eureka Altima (a piece of crud... never ever buy a Eureka), a Swivel Sweeper (awesome awesome awesome) and a small GE vaccum with detachable hand vac. On it's way to our home... a brand new Oreck XL... we shall see how this one turns out... hopefully better than the 3 months the Eureka lasted.


10 comments:

T.Allen said...

your son is incredibly cute in his vacuum shirt. we have a thousand year old royal 880 purchased at a yard sale for $5 about 1.5 years ago-that thing is awesome! and a bissell wet/dry vacuum thingie. :)

jennifer e. said...

I have a Bissel Velocity upright bagless. It works pretty well. It should because I paid quite a bit for it.

A vacuum is one of those things in life where you get what you pay for -- buy a cheap vacuum and you get a cheap vacuum.

I really want a Dyson.

Mequet said...

(burnyraisins here) We have an Oreck. You want to impress his little guts out? Tell him that my husband works for Oreck!! Haha!!! He does, actually. In the I.T. department. That's so funny about your son. Kids get interested in the weirdest things sometimes, huh?

Valley Momma said...

mequet...

he for sure would be impressed! he loves him some Oreck... he loves the infomercial for the xl 21 titanium... it has to be the one with david oreck in the green sweater though... that's his favorite... he'll even watch the informercial for the oreck air purifier... crazy! :)

GreenSpaceGoods said...

dyson here. It works really well. We love it. I've killed about 4 of the cheaper ones (which adds up), so this time we considered it an investment.
Tell your son he has one awesome shirt!

susanstreasures@etsy.com said...

Oreck does it better and outlasts dogs and cats!

Ekio Locatiare said...

What a cutie!

We have the Dyson Animal. It's the only thing thats held up to my super shedder dogs and my kiddos. Even the shop vac hated my house. *chuckles*

Love that shirt!

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

Dyson! The only vacuum worth having.

(Cute picture!)

Keys and Memories said...

What a great thing to ask people :)

Being a former house cleaner myself I own a Kirby ( Made in America!) and for hard surfaces Sanyo Transformax- the best thing since sliced bread!

MJ said...

LOL!

My son is also three, so I can totally sympathize!

I had to go look at my vacuum to see...and it's a Hoover!