Friday, June 6, 2008

Renovating...

I'm "renovating" at Valley Momma this weekend...

Since "some company who shall remain nameless'" patent is sooooo completely vague and they are HUGE and I am, well... just me sewing in my dining room... I'm taking the loopy tags off the strap covers and the loopy tag toys. *SIGH* Who knew that the simple thing of sewing looped ribbon onto two pieces of fabric could be patented?? Not just on blankets, but just on any ol' thing. Talk about VAGUE! I should patent using buttons to close a shirt or zippers, or well, anything!

Anyhoo-- after brainstorming with my hubby at Boston Beanery, I have figured out how to keep my strap covers both #1 Original and Unique and #2 pretty!! I also will retain the basic loopy tag toy shape, but have something different planned for the teether sticky-outy part. Still will be a GREAT first gripping toy for baby for sure... and will, as always, be available in all my fabric choices.

Oh ye readers of the blog - you will get first glimpse of the new renovations...

Leave me some love - it's been a rough day.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

I had read about this in the forums... and I must say that I personally think it's ridiculous. Yes, I understand the patent and how hard they've probably worked - but my goodness, it's such a COMMON idea that has been done for ages! It makes me more sad than anything that so many people are having to stop selling what they love to make. But on the other hand, I hope it inspires these people to create more and unique things!

Good luck with it all!