Saturday, December 22, 2007

Project: Baby Ball

Attempting a new project... a ball. Have yet to make one, thought it'd be fun to try. Here's my first attempt...







Doesn't look much like a ball yet, does it?

















Two halves done!

















Sewing the two halves together... tricky bit!















Empty shell of a ball!



















Polyfil just waiting to be stuffed!














Hand sewing the ball closed...














The finished hand sewn side.

















Finished ball from the topside...














Finished ball from the side.














----

Although my first attempt seems to be a success, I know I can do better next time around. This one is not as round as I would like it to be. I might try to add loopy tags next time, too. But for now, you may purchase my first attempt on my etsy shop... Since it's my first, I'm not going to ask as much for it as I will when I "perfect" my technique. :) So enjoy the discount. Click here to see my listing on my etsy shop.


Stats:

3 inches in diameter

Fabrics used: Katie Jump Rope for Free Spirit, Poppy for Alexander Henry, and Peas and Carrots for Moda

No comments: